Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Resolutions For 2016


Hello Starlight-Readers! Today's Top Ten Resolutions prompt, courtesy of The Broke and the Bookish!
  1. Establish a Regular Posting Schedule on my Blogs!!!
    • As I said in yesterday's post, I really want to get my blogs organized and consistent. No more of the random posts whenever I feel like it! I'm going to rework the tagging system and stick to the posting schedule that I posted yesterday.
  2. Finish the Mortal Instruments Series!!!
    • So, with the series being adapted into the tv show, Shadowhunters, and more and more of my friends reading the series, I guess that I'd better finally get around to finishing it. I have the first three books, but I've only read City of Bones and City of Ashes. I suppose that I should finally move the remaining books to the top of my TBR pile!
  3. Create my own Book Photo Challenge!!!
    • For the longest time, I've been madly in love with pictures of books and bookshelves.On Tumblr, I've seen so many book photo challenges, which are essentially photo prompts for the whole month. I've participated in a few of them, and now I want to make my own! I definitely plan on starting on up in 2016!
  4. Host a Read-Along!!!
    • I'm very excited to host my own read along this year! I'm still deciding on a book, but I have ideas! I want to get as many people involved as I can and just have a great time with it! I'll definitely keep you posted with more details once I figure it all out!
  5. Connect with more authors and publishers!!!
    • Without the wonderful authors and publishers in the world, my blog wouldn't even exist! As a sort of thanks, I'd like to connect with the people of the various facets of the publishing industry. (It'll also be helpful when I go to look for an internship... *wink wink*) Connections are important!
  6. Establish my Social Media Sites!!!
    • Yeah... so my twitter and Facebook pages are pretty non-existant at the moment, but I plan to change that! I'm learning more about scheduling posts and management tools that can help me to keep those sites fresh and fun all year long!
  7. Read more books!!!
    • I'm pretty sure that this one is on every bibliophile's resolution list, but I want to read more books! There are so many new titles coming out that I'm super excited for, including Rick Yancey's The Last Star, which I am anxiously awaiting. I know that I won't be able to read every book ever written in my lifetime, but I can tackle as many as I can!
  8. Host a Giveaway!!!
    • I think I've been saying this since I hit 100 followers on Tumblr a few months ago, but I really want to host a giveaway. I had to figure some things out, but now I'm definitely ready to host one. I already have my prizes figured out, so now it's just a matter of me posting it and choosing a winner later. I'll keep you posted with details!
  9. Develop more an online presence!!!
    • This one is kind of tied in with resolution #6. I want you guys to get to know who I am, and I want to learn more about you! This is a brand new year, and I want you guys to get to meet the girl behind Starlight-Reads!!!
  10. Go to college!!!
    • Okay... so this last one isn't book related, but no one ever said that it had to be! My last resolution for 2016 is kind of a given, but it's something that I wanted to mention. I'm a senior in high school right now, balancing blogging, a heavy load of schoolwork, and a decent social life. One might think that after all of the work that I've been doing these past few years that I might want to take a gap year, but nope! Not me! I'm so excited to attend my dream school, which I was recently accepted into. Part of my intended minor requires a publishing internship! So yes, I'm super excited. This isn't as much of a resolution as it is a thing that I'm automatically going to do, but it was worth mentioning!
Well, that's it, Starlight-Readers! What are some of your 2016 resolutions? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment