Friday, January 22, 2016

First Impression Friday - Anything You Want by Geoff Herbach

First Impression Friday

Yesterday, I was given an ARC e-copy of Anything You Want by Geoff Herbach by Sourcebooks Fire in exchange for a review. I haven't finished it yet, but I'll use this book for my First Impression Friday Review! Without further ado, here are my thoughts!

Cover:


So... the cover is interesting. It's simple and cute, but it doesn't exactly fit the theme of the book. I'd equate a cover like this more with a nice summer romance, not a teen pregnancy story. Still, it's appealing and would look nice on a bookshelf.

Synopsis:


The synopsis makes this book seem like it would be quite interesting... but it fell short. My explanation behind that reasoning is below.

Thoughts on First 30% of book:

I don't like this. It's got this writing style that just doesn't flow with me. I don't know if "Taco" is just really stupid, has some sort of mental illness, or if the author just doesn't know how to write teen boys. He's very clueless about things and overly happy about it and I just cannot enjoy this book. I'll try to finish though. I've gotten this far into it, so I might as well finish so I can write up a proper review. Who knows? Maybe it'll get better!

So there you have it! Happy Reading, Starlight-Readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment